Friday, October 31, 2008

One last Vegan MoFo

So tonight at D's cousin's house, we had this cook out/bonfire thingy, and I brought homemade roasted red pepper hummus (OMG it was the best hummus I've ever had in my life) with pita crisps, red & green bell pepper strips, and carrot sticks. Also, some o' those homemade vegan brownies, some chips 'n' salsa, and some maple BBQ flavor potato chips. Mmm. And that would have been my meal....except, my favorite cousin-in-law (we'll call him Skinny Buddha--little inside joke) brought me some vegan chicken stuff (I think it was general tso's--it was really sweet and perfect texture and absolutely the most delicious soy chicken--or any soy, or any chicken for that matter--that I've ever experienced), and he was even late b/c he spilled it the first time and had to go back and re-buy it, and he made everyone try it, including D, and it was the most awesomely touching, supportive thing he could have done for me, and I think he knew it by the way that my face lit up...think I'll write him an email though just to remind him how awesome he is. I didn't even miss the hotdogs or marshmallows! I was really nervous about that party, and Buddha made me feel really welcome and supported after working up the nerve to "come out" to my in-laws. It was a really good night; and we sat around the fire and talked and that kind of thing is my favorite ever. Good night all.

1 comment:

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

Roasted red pepper hummus really is the best.