Saturday, October 25, 2008

Survey

1. What was the most recent tea you drank?
our minty yummy iced Green Tea at work

2. What vegan forms do you post/lurk on? If so, what is your username? Spill!
I'm just getting in to this whole internet vegan thing. So it's here, PPK, whatever blogs I'm following, IDK...lurk is a good word for how i roll.

3. You have to have tofu for dinner, and it has be an Italian dish. What comes to mind first?
This lasagna I just made with tofu in place of the ricotta. The kid and I love it, D won't touch it. Well, he did take a bite. And hated it..

4. How many vegan blogs do you read on an average day?
Too early to have an "average day"...I'm devouring this shit right now.

5. Besides your own, what is the most recent one you’ve read?
Love Like a Vegan

6. If you could hang out with a vegan blogger that you haven’t met, who would it be, and what would you do?

Good question. I don't know though.

7. If you had to base your dinners for a week around one of the holy trilogy – tofu, seitan or tempeh, which would it be?
I'd do tofu, because that's what I'm most familiar with

8. If you had to use one in a fight, which would it be?
tempeh...i have some that I could beat someone to death with

9. Name 3 meals you’d realistically make with that tough protein of choice!
Teryaki stir fry, vegetable stew, and, um...I don't know, some imitation beef tips thing with noodles & mushrooms

10. What’s a recipe in vegan blogland that you’ve been eyeing?
These pumpkin cinnamon rolls from Don't Eat off the Sidewalk

11. Do you own any clothing with vegan messages/brands on them?
I have a t-shirt that I stole from a (omni) guy friend of mine, with a pig on it that says "please don't eat me (I love you)"

12. Have you made your pilgrimage to the ‘vegan mecca’ yet? (Portland, duh)
Not yet.

13. What age did you first go vegan? Did it stick?
I have dabbled with it off and on since age 18...and no it didn't. But it was unofficial anyway. I was vegetarian (ovo/lacto) from age 9 til 14, but my high school didn't have anything good for vegetarians, so that didn't stick either.

14. What is the worst vegan meal you’ve had? Who cooked it?
This salad at work the other day...I tried to get creative with dressing it with vinegar & oil & pepper, and it turned out really bitter and gross

15. What made you decide to blog?
I’m not sure, I was inspired by lots of other great vegan blogs and decided to give it a shot. <-- good answer.

16. What are three of your favorite meals to make?
I made the most amazing shepherd's pie the other day. Even D loved it.

I like to get creative with pastas

Aaand, I like to do this asian stir fry thing with rice and serve it with lettuce leaves to make wraps.

17. What dish would you bring to a vegan Thanksgiving-themed potluck?
I'd either do a big pan of that shepherd's pie (recipe to come soon) OR I'd get gutsy and attempt those pumpkin cinnamon rolls. Mmmm I'm getting excited.

18. Where is your favorite vegan meal at a restaurant? How many times have you ordered it?
I haven't been to a lot of vegan restaurants...I'm obsessed with the salad bar at Ruby Tuesday's; and I have ordered veggie fajita bowls at Chipotle more times than I can count.

19. What do you think the best chain to dine as a vegan is?
Chipotle is easy & awesome. As is Ruby Tuesday. Quizno's is amazing (gotta love the guac), and Subway is just ok.

20. My kitchen needs a………

Hmm...so many things. A wisk. Standing mixer. More damn groceries. Another muffin pan. A really good supply of vegan cookbooks. I feel like I can't live without some of these cookbooks...must...wait...til...Christmas...!


21. This vegetable is not allowed in my kitchen…..!
All veggies welcome...haven't met one yet that I couldn't handle.

22. What’s for dinner tonight?
Spaghetti

23. What’s your favourite cookie cutter?
Ooo! My kitchen needs cookie cutters too!

No comments: